amygdaloid(redirected from amygdaloidly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
A volcanic rock containing many amygdules.
adj. also a·myg·da·loi·dal (-loi′dl)
1. Shaped like an almond.
2. Anatomy Of or relating to the amygdala.
3. Resembling a volcanic rock that contains many amygdules.
[Latin amygdala, almond; see amygdala + -oid.]
(Geological Science) a volcanic igneous rock containing amygdales
1. having the shape of an almond
2. (Geological Science) a less common form of amygdaloidal1
1. a volcanic rock in which rounded cavities formed by the expansion of gas or steam have later become filled with deposits of various minerals.adj.
2. Also, a•myg`da•loi′dal. almond-shaped.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||amygdaloid - volcanic rock in which rounded cavities formed by expanding gas have subsequently become filled with mineral deposits|
volcanic rock - extrusive igneous rock solidified near or on the surface of the Earth
|Adj.||1.||amygdaloid - shaped like an almond |
rounded - curving and somewhat round in shape rather than jagged; "low rounded hills"; "rounded shoulders"