Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Having, forming, or consisting of an angle or angles.
2. Measured by an angle or by degrees of an arc.
3. Bony and lean; gaunt: an angular face.
4. Lacking grace or smoothness; awkward: an angular gait.
5. Rigid, stiff, and unyielding in character or disposition: "the cold, angular brand of materialism" (David K. Willis).
[Latin angulāris, from angulus, angle.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.