Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to animator: Animation software
1. One that provides or imparts life, interest, spirit, or vitality.
2. One, such as an artist or technician, who designs, develops, or produces animation.
1. (Film) an artist who produces animated cartoons
2. Canadian a person who coordinates or facilitates something, esp a television or radio presenter
an•i•ma•tor(ˈæn əˌmeɪ tər)
1. one that animates.
2. an artist who draws animated cartoons.Sometimes, an′i•mat`er.
[1625–35; < Late Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||animator - someone who imparts energy and vitality and spirit to other people|
|2.||animator - the technician who produces animated cartoons|
technician - someone whose occupation involves training in a specific technical process