References in periodicals archive ?
Although it kept annalistic listing of events within chapters and thus was not a breakthrough into narrative historia in the Greek or Renaissance European meaning, the Stepennaia kniga does mark a step toward a new genre.
They cover the origins of the annalistic tradition, antiquarians and historians, history and oratory, the literary construction of history, and history and monuments.
The relationship between caregiver, senior, family and institution is extremely complex and singular, however, we can propose an annalistic angle in which the senior puts the caregiver in a position of assumed knowledge and depositary of resources they no longer believe being able of practice themselves.
26) Certainly the segmented format helps to underwrite the refusal of a "consistent fable" across the scope of a longer piece, even if the ideological bent of these linked annalistic passages has less to do with their length and more to do with an assault on the romance contents of prose fiction per se.
The textual relationship between two annalistic collections, the Annals of Ulster and the Annals of Loch Ce, has a bearing on the information both provide on what happened at Clontarf, yet the direct connection between them is not mentioned (e.
In Chapter Two the author provides a competent, annalistic history of Reform Judaism from its origins in Germany through its flowering in America under the leadership of various rabbis of the two major Reform institutions, the Union of American of Hebrew Congregations, now the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ), and Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion (HUCJIR).
It is far from an amorphous ramble, or a series of annalistic dot points: the chronicler made a real literary effort here, had very firm ideas about narrative and sentence structure, and deliberately related that structure to an overall moral message in order to assign meaning to events.
As his role as theater manager becomes more important, the book turns into an almost annalistic history of the company.
Improve operational and management to annalistic System of Beneficiaries (SIUBEN) for the use of social programs implemented by the State.
Livy's annalistic narrative provides one reason: the consuls of 172 had fallen out with the senate.
Although the second volume of Scherer's book was written in a cursive, annalistic style, devoid of analysis, it did make use of Ukrainian sources, much of it being a simple paraphrase of the Korotkyi opys Malorosii, and gave the west European public its first relatively comprehensive picture of Mazepa's entire career.
Striving to write "philosophical" history which took up big themes, paying much attention to story and style, avoiding laborious and annalistic history, and jettisoning much of the traditional scholarly apparatus, such as extensive citation of sources in footnotes or elsewhere, in his various historical works he described many of the most important people and events of his own time, or, at least, of the times immediately preceding him.
Dictionary browser ?
- ankylosing spondylitis
- Ann Arbor
- Ann Cape
- Anna Amalia Mercouri
- Anna Eleanor Roosevelt
- Anna Howard Shaw
- Anna Ivanovna
- Anna Mary Robertson Moses
- Anna Pavlova
- Annan Kofi
- Annapolis Royal
- Anne Boleyn
- Anne Bradstreet
- Anne Bronte
- Anne Dudley Bradstreet
- Anne Hathaway
- Anne Hutchinson
- Anne Mansfield Sullivan
- Anne of Austria
- Anne of Bohemia
- Anne of Cleves
Full browser ?
- Annagul Annakulieva
- Annaka, Gunma
- Annaklych Miatadzhi
- Annakulieva, Annagul
- Annakut Festival
- Annale School of History
- Annalee Mobilitee Dolls, Inc.
- Annales Academiae Scientiarum Fennicae
- Annales Archéologiques Arabes Syriennes
- Annales de Toxicologie Analytique
- Annales Française d'Anesthésie et de Réanimation
- Annales History
- Annales Mathématiques Blaise Pascal
- Annales School
- Annales School of History
- Annali Dello Spiritismo
- Annalong Canoe and Kayak Club
- Annals of Agricultural and Environmental Medicine
- Annals of Applied Probability
- Annals of Applied Statistics
- Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology
- Annals of Biomedical Engineering
- Annals of Botany
- Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science
- Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials
- Annals of Discrete Mathematics
- Annals of Emergency Medicine
- Annals of Family Medicine
- Annals of Human Genetics
- Annals of Improbable Research
- Annals of Information Systems
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- Annals of Irreproducible Results
- Annals of Mathematical Statistics
- Annals of Mathematics
- Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence
- Annals of Noninvasive Electrocardiology