Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Sloping downward in opposite directions, as in an anticline.
2. Botany Of or relating to the plane of a cell division perpendicular to the surface of a plant organ.
1. (Geological Science) of, relating to, or resembling an anticline
2. (Botany) botany of or relating to the plane at right angles to the surface of an organ
an•ti•cli•nal(ˌæn tɪˈklaɪn l)
1. inclining in opposite directions from a central axis.
a. inclining downward on both sides from a median line or axis, as a fold of rock strata.
b. pertaining to such a fold.