antipodal(redirected from antipodally)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Of, relating to, or situated on the opposite side or sides of the earth: Australia and Great Britain occupy antipodal regions.
2. Diametrically opposed; exactly opposite.
One of usually three cells situated at the opposite end from the egg in the mature embryo sac of a flowering plant.
1. (Physical Geography) of or relating to diametrically opposite points on the earth's surface
2. exactly or diametrically opposite
an•tip•o•dal(ænˈtɪp ə dl)
1. on the opposite side of the globe; pertaining to the antipodes.
2. diametrically opposite: antipodal personalities.
3. opposed: a view antipodal to the majority.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||antipodal - the relation of opposition along a diameter|
opposition - a direction opposite to another
|Adj.||1.||antipodal - relating to the antipodes or situated at opposite sides of the earth; "antipodean latitudes"; "antipodal regions of the earth"; "antipodal points on a sphere"|