antipodal(redirected from antipodally)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Of, relating to, or situated on the opposite side or sides of the earth: Australia and Great Britain occupy antipodal regions.
2. Diametrically opposed; exactly opposite.
One of usually three cells situated at the opposite end from the egg in the mature embryo sac of a flowering plant.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Physical Geography) of or relating to diametrically opposite points on the earth's surface
2. exactly or diametrically opposite
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
an•tip•o•dal(ænˈtɪp ə dl)
1. on the opposite side of the globe; pertaining to the antipodes.
2. diametrically opposite: antipodal personalities.
3. opposed: a view antipodal to the majority.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||antipodal - the relation of opposition along a diameter|
opposition - a direction opposite to another
|Adj.||1.||antipodal - relating to the antipodes or situated at opposite sides of the earth; "antipodean latitudes"; "antipodal regions of the earth"; "antipodal points on a sphere"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.