antiquarian(redirected from Antiquarians)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Antiquarians: antiquaries
One who studies, collects, or deals in antiquities.
1. Of or relating to antiquarians or to the study or collecting of antiquities.
2. Dealing in or having to do with old or rare books.
(Antiques) concerned with the study of antiquities or antiques
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) the largest size of handmade drawing paper, 53 × 31 inches
2. (Antiques) a less common name for antiquary
an•ti•quar•i•an(ˌæn tɪˈkwɛər i ən)
1. pertaining to antiquaries or to the study of antiquities.
a. of value because of age or rarity: antiquarian books.
b. dealing or interested in such objects.
3. an antiquary.
A person who collects or studies antiquities.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||antiquarian - an expert or collector of antiquities|
expert - a person with special knowledge or ability who performs skillfully
|Adj.||1.||antiquarian - of or relating to persons who study or deal in antiques or antiquities|
|2.||antiquarian - of or relating to antiques or antiquities|