Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
Related to appendant: appendix
1. Affixed as an appendage.
2. Accompanying; attendant: faith and its appendant hope.
3. Belonging to a land grant as a subsidiary right in English law.
1. attached, affixed, or added
2. attendant or associated as an accompaniment or result
3. a less common word for pendent
4. (Law) law relating to another right
5. a person or thing attached or added
6. (Law) property law a subordinate right or interest, esp in or over land, attached to a greater interest and automatically passing with the sale of the latter
1. attached; annexed.
2. associated as an accompaniment or consequence.
3. pertaining to a legal appendant.n.
4. a person or thing attached or added.
5. a right historically annexed to a greater one and automatically passing with it, as by inheritance.
[1350–1400; Middle English < Anglo-French]