appendant(redirected from appendantly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Affixed as an appendage.
2. Accompanying; attendant: faith and its appendant hope.
3. Belonging to a land grant as a subsidiary right in English law.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. attached, affixed, or added
2. attendant or associated as an accompaniment or result
3. a less common word for pendent
4. (Law) law relating to another right
5. a person or thing attached or added
6. (Law) property law a subordinate right or interest, esp in or over land, attached to a greater interest and automatically passing with the sale of the latter
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. attached; annexed.
2. associated as an accompaniment or consequence.
3. pertaining to a legal appendant.n.
4. a person or thing attached or added.
5. a right historically annexed to a greater one and automatically passing with it, as by inheritance.
[1350–1400; Middle English < Anglo-French]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.