developer(redirected from application developer)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
1. One that develops: a developer of hidden talent.
2. A person who develops real estate, especially by preparing a site for residential or commercial use.
3. A chemical used to render visible the image recorded on a photosensitive surface.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Professions) a person or thing that develops something, esp a person who develops property
2. (Building) a person or thing that develops something, esp a person who develops property
3. (Photography) photog a solution of a chemical reducing agent that converts the latent image recorded in the emulsion of a film or paper into a visible image
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
de•vel•op•er(dɪˈvɛl ə pər)
1. a person or thing that develops.
2. a reducing agent or solution for developing a film or the like.
3. a person who develops real estate.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||developer - someone who develops real estate (especially someone who prepares a site for residential or commercial use)|
creator - a person who grows or makes or invents things
|2.||developer - photographic equipment consisting of a chemical solution for developing film|
photographic equipment - equipment used by a photographer
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (also property developer) → promotor(a) m/f inmobiliario/a
3. (Phot) → revelador m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
[land] → promoteur m
(= person, company) [idea, system, product] → concepteur/trice m/f
(PHOTOGRAPHY) (= solution) → révélateur m
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
a. (also property developer) → costruttore m (edile)
b. (Phot) → sviluppatore m
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995