Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Consisting of, relating to, or being in water: an aquatic environment.
2. Living solely or chiefly in or on the water: aquatic animals and plants.
3. Taking place in or on the water: an aquatic sport.
1. An organism that lives solely or chiefly in or on the water.
2. aquatics Sports Athletic activities performed in or on the water.
[Middle English aquatique, from Old French, from Latin aquāticus, from aqua, water; see akw-ā- in Indo-European roots.]
in an aquatic manner