aqueous(redirected from aqueous-blood barrier)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Relating to, similar to, containing, or dissolved in water; watery.
2. Geology Formed from matter deposited by water, as certain sedimentary rocks.
[From Medieval Latin aqueus, from Latin aqua, water; see aqua.]
1. (Chemistry) of, like, or containing water
2. (Chemistry) dissolved in water: aqueous ammonia.
3. (Geological Science) (of rocks, deposits, etc) formed from material laid down in water
[C17: from Medieval Latin aqueus, from Latin aqua water]
a•que•ous(ˈeɪ kwi əs, ˈæk wi-)
1. of, like, or containing water; watery: an aqueous solution.
2. (of rocks or sediments) formed of matter deposited in or by water.
[1635–45; < Latin aqu(a) water + -eous]
Relating to or dissolved in water.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||aqueous - similar to or containing or dissolved in water; "aqueous solutions"|
|2.||aqueous - produced by the action of water|
geology - a science that deals with the history of the earth as recorded in rocks
aqueous[ˈeɪkwiəs] adj (= water-based) [solution, cream] → aqueux/euse
a. acuoso-a, aguado-a;
chamber → cámara;
___ humor → humor ___.