Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to armorer: armourer
1. A manufacturer of weapons, especially firearms.
2. An enlisted person in charge of maintenance and repair of the small arms of a military unit.
3. One that makes or repairs armor.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
ar•mor•er(ˈɑr mər ər)
1. a maker or repairer of arms or armor.
2. a person who manufactures, repairs, or services firearms.
[1350–1400; < Anglo-French, Old French armurier]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||armorer - a worker skilled in making armor or arms; "a sword made by a famous English armorer"|
|2.||armorer - an enlisted man responsible for the upkeep of small arms and machine guns etc.|
enlisted man - a male enlisted person in the armed forces
|3.||armorer - a manufacturer of firearms|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.