armory(redirected from armories)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to armories: wardrobes
n. pl. ar·mor·ies
a. A storehouse for arms; an arsenal.
b. A building for storing arms and military equipment, especially one serving as headquarters for military reserve personnel.
2. An arms factory.
ar•mor•y(ˈɑr mə ri)
n., pl. -mor•ies.
1. a storage place for weapons and other war equipment.
2. a building that is the headquarters and drill center of a National Guard unit.
3. an armorer's shop or other place where arms and armor are made.
4. the art of blazoning heraldic arms.
6. arms or armor collectively.
7. Archaic. heraldic bearings or arms.
[1300–50; < Middle French armoierie]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||armory - a collection of resources; "he dipped into his intellectual armory to find an answer"|
|2.||armory - all the weapons and equipment that a country has|
armament - weaponry used by military or naval force
|3.||armory - a military structure where arms and ammunition and other military equipment are stored and training is given in the use of arms|
military installation - any facility servicing military forces
|4.||armory - a place where arms are manufactured|