art form(redirected from art forms)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
An activity or a piece of artistic work that can be regarded as a medium of artistic expression.
1. (Art Terms) a conventionally established form of artistic composition, such as the symphony or the sonnet
2. (Art Terms) a recognized medium of artistic expression
1. the structure of an artistic work.
2. a medium for artistic expression.
3. any medium regarded as having systematized rules, procedures, or formulations.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||art form - (architecture) a form of artistic expression (such as writing or painting or architecture)|
kind, sort, form, variety - a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality; "sculpture is a form of art"; "what kinds of desserts are there?"
architectural style, style of architecture, type of architecture - architecture as a kind of art form
sonata form - a musical form having 3 sections -- exposition and development and recapitulation; characteristic of 1st movement of a sonata or symphony
architecture - the discipline dealing with the principles of design and construction and ornamentation of fine buildings; "architecture and eloquence are mixed arts whose end is sometimes beauty and sometimes use"
n → (Kunst)gattung or -form f