ascending(redirected from ascending hemorrhagic myelomalacia)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Moving, going, or growing upward: an ascending minor scale.
2. Moving or progressing toward a higher level or degree: an ascending order of difficulty.
3. Botany Growing or directing upward from a curved or slanted base, as certain plant stems.
1. moving upwards; rising
2. (Botany) botany sloping or curving upwards: the ascending stem of a vine.
1. moving upward; rising.
2. Bot. growing or directed upward.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||ascending - the act of changing location in an upward direction|
movement, move, motion - the act of changing location from one place to another; "police controlled the motion of the crowd"; "the movement of people from the farms to the cities"; "his move put him directly in my path"
levitation - the act of raising (a body) from the ground by presumably spiritualistic means
|Adj.||1.||ascending - moving or going or growing upward; "the ascending plane"; "the ascending staircase"; "the ascending stems of chickweed"|
up - being or moving higher in position or greater in some value; being above a former position or level; "the anchor is up"; "the sun is up"; "he lay face up"; "he is up by a pawn"; "the market is up"; "the corn is up"
descending - coming down or downward
ascending[əˈsɛndɪŋ] adj [spiral, scale] → croissant(e)
in ascending order → par ordre croissant
in ascending order of importance → par ordre d'importance croissante
in ascending order of cost
This brochure lists the hotels in ascending order of cost → Ce prospectus donne une liste des hôtels, du plus économique au plus cher.