Twelve years had passed since his body had been found upon the bluff before his cottage overlooking the Hudson, and oft-times during these long years I had wondered if John Carter were really dead, or if he again roamed the dead sea bottoms of that dying planet; if he had returned to Barsoom to find that he had opened the frowning portals of the mighty atmosphere plant in time to save the countless millions who were dying of asphyxiation
on that far-gone day that had seen him hurtled ruthlessly through forty-eight million miles of space back to Earth once more.
Toward the middle of the day many of the weaker commenced to succumb and within an hour the people of Barsoom were sinking by thousands into the unconsciousness which precedes death by asphyxiation
"We may stop here, and die of asphyxiation
when our atmosphere tanks are empty," replied Perry, "or we may continue on with the slight hope that we may later sufficiently deflect the prospector from the vertical to carry us along the arc of a great circle which must eventually return us to the surface.
A much-loved electrician is thought to have died of autoerotic asphyxiation
, an inquest heard.
The fire engulfed more than 10,000sq.m, leaving a man suffering from asphyxiation
due to inhaling the fire's emissions.
On Sunday, two brothers, aged three and five, died of asphyxiation
after getting locked inside a car in Jalaan Bani Bu Ali, South Sharqiyah.
Occupied Al-Quds, SANA -- 40 Palestinians sustained injuries and suffered asphyxiation
in the besieged Gaza Strip due to attacks by Israeli occupation forces on the participants in the 57th Friday Return March, which was titled "Golan is Syrian and Arabian."
PESHAWAR -- A labourer working on the Peshawar Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project died of asphyxiation
while working inside a drain in Hashtanagri area of the city.
The police said body was thrown in Gujrati Parah area and the cause of murder was asphyxiation
resulting from throttling his neck.
Hunza -- Syeda Fatemi, an Assistant Director at the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, along with her husband died of asphyxiation
after a gas leakage in their hotel room in Hunza on Saturday.
A South Korean researcher who was found dead in her hotel bathtub last August died due to asphyxiation
, and not because of sulfur poisoning as earlier reports mentioned Thursday.
His counsel, Brian McConnachie QC, asked a police officer who was at the scene if he knew of the book Fifty Shades of Grey - and that it "in some way demonstrated sexual asphyxiation