assiduity(redirected from assiduities)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
n. pl. as·si·du·i·ties
1. Persistent application or diligence; unflagging effort.
2. often assiduities Constant personal attention and often obsequious solicitude.
n, pl -ties
1. constant and close application
2. (often plural) devoted attention
as•si•du•i•ty(ˌæs ɪˈdu ɪ ti, -ˈdyu-)
n., pl. -ties.
1. constant application or effort; diligence; industry.
2. Often, assiduities. devoted or solicitous attention.
[1595–1605; < Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||assiduity - great and constant diligence and attention|
industriousness, diligence, industry - persevering determination to perform a task; "his diligence won him quick promotions"; "frugality and industry are still regarded as virtues"
intentness, engrossment - the quality of being intent and concentrated; "the intentness of his gaze"
singleness - the quality of concentrating on one central objective; "his singleness of purpose"