Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Relating to or exhibiting asthenia; weak.
2. Having a slender, lightly muscled physique.
A person having such a physique.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Pathology) of, relating to, or having asthenia; weak
2. (Psychology) (in constitutional psychology) referring to a physique characterized by long limbs and a small trunk: claimed to be associated with a schizoid personality. See also somatotype
a person having long limbs and a small trunk
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. of, pertaining to, or characterized by asthenia; weak.
2. pertaining to or having a spare or slender physique with little muscularity; ectomorphic.
[1780–90; < Greek]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||asthenic - lacking strength or vigor |
weak - wanting in physical strength; "a weak pillar"
|2.||asthenic - having a slender physique |
ectomorphic - having a build with little fat or muscle but with long limbs
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.