hindquarter(redirected from asymmetric hindquarter)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. The posterior portion of a side of beef, lamb, veal, or mutton, including a hind leg and one or two ribs.
2. hindquarters The posterior part of a quadruped, adjacent to the hind legs.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Cookery) one of the two back quarters of a carcass of beef, lamb, etc
2. (Zoology) (plural) the rear, esp of a four-legged animal
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
hind•quar•ter(ˈhaɪndˌkwɔr tər, -ˌkwɔ-)
1. hindquarters, the rear part of a quadruped.
2. the posterior end of a halved carcass, as of a steer or lamb, sectioned usu. after the 12th rib.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.