hindquarter(redirected from asymmetric hindquarter)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. The posterior portion of a side of beef, lamb, veal, or mutton, including a hind leg and one or two ribs.
2. hindquarters The posterior part of a quadruped, adjacent to the hind legs.
1. (Cookery) one of the two back quarters of a carcass of beef, lamb, etc
2. (Zoology) (plural) the rear, esp of a four-legged animal
hind•quar•ter(ˈhaɪndˌkwɔr tər, -ˌkwɔ-)
1. hindquarters, the rear part of a quadruped.
2. the posterior end of a halved carcass, as of a steer or lamb, sectioned usu. after the 12th rib.