Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The state of being composed of atoms.
a. The number of atoms in a molecule.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Atomic Physics) the state of being made up of atoms
2. (Chemistry) the number of atoms in the molecules of an element
3. (Chemistry) a less common name for valency
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
at•o•mic•i•ty(ˌæt əˈmɪs ɪ ti)
1. the number of atoms in a molecule of a gas.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
The atomicity of an element is the number of atoms in one molecule of the element
Dictionary of Unfamiliar Words by Diagram Group Copyright © 2008 by Diagram Visual Information Limited
atomicity[ˌætəˈmɪsɪtɪ] n (Chem) → atomicità
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995