atomize(redirected from atomized)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
tr.v. at·om·ized, at·om·iz·ing, at·om·iz·es
1. To reduce to or separate into atoms.
2. To reduce to tiny particles or a fine spray.
3. To break into small fragments.
4. To subject to bombardment with atomic weapons.
at′om·i·za′tion (-ĭ-zā′shən) n.
1. (Atomic Physics) to separate or be separated into free atoms
2. (General Physics) to reduce (a liquid or solid) to fine particles or spray or (of a liquid or solid) to be reduced in this way
3. (Military) (tr) to destroy by weapons, esp nuclear weapons
ˌatomiˈzation, ˌatomiˈsation n
v.t. -ized, -iz•ing.
1. to reduce to fine particles or spray.
2. to destroy (a target) by bombing, esp. with an atomic bomb.
3. to split into many sections, groups, factions, etc.; fragmentize.
Past participle: atomized
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||atomize - spray very finely; "atomize perfume"|
spray - scatter in a mass or jet of droplets; "spray water on someone"; "spray paint on the wall"
|2.||atomize - strike at with firepower or bombs; "zap the enemy"|
|3.||atomize - break up into small particles; "the fine powder had been atomized by air"|