Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms.
Related to attachable: detachable
v. at·tached, at·tach·ing, at·tach·es
1. To fasten, secure, or join: attached the wires to the post.
2. To connect as an adjunct or associated condition or part: Many major issues are attached to this legislation.
3. To affix or append; add: attached several riders to the document.
4. To ascribe or assign: attached no significance to the threat.
5. To bind by emotional ties, as of affection or loyalty: I am attached to my family.
6. To assign (personnel) to a military unit on a temporary basis.
7. Law To seize (property) by legal writ.
8. To add (a file) to an email.
1. To adhere, belong, or relate: Very little prestige attaches to this position.
2. To be attached or attachable: The helmet's chin strap attaches on the side just below the ear.
[Middle English attachen, from Old French attachier, alteration of estachier, from estache, stake, of Germanic origin.]