attended(redirected from attendedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
v. at·tend·ed, at·tend·ing, at·tends
a. To be present at: attended the lecture.
b. To go regularly to: attended class every Tuesday and Thursday.
2. To accompany as a circumstance or follow as a result: The speech was attended by wild applause.
a. To take care of (a sick person, for example). See Synonyms at tend2.
b. To accompany or wait upon as a companion or servant.
4. To take charge of: They attended our affairs during our absence.
5. To listen to; heed: attended my every word.
6. Archaic To wait for; expect.
1. To be present, as at a scheduled event.
2. To take care; give attention: We'll attend to that problem later.
3. To apply or direct oneself; take action: attended to their business.
4. To pay attention: attended disinterestedly to the debate.
5. To remain ready to serve; wait.
6. Obsolete To delay or wait.
[Middle English attenden, from Old French atendre, from Latin attendere, to heed : ad-, ad- + tendere, to stretch; see ten- in Indo-European roots.]