attending(redirected from attendingly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Being the principal physician supervising a patient's care.
2. Being a physician on the regular medical staff of a hospital.
1. The principal physician supervising a patient's care.
2. A staff physician in a hospital.
adj. (of a physician)
1. having primary responsibility for a patient.
2. holding a staff position in an accredited hospital: an attending physician.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||attending - the process whereby a person concentrates on some features of the environment to the (relative) exclusion of others|
basic cognitive process - cognitive processes involved in obtaining and storing knowledge
attentiveness, heed, paying attention, regard - paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people); "his attentiveness to her wishes"; "he spends without heed to the consequences"
clock-watching - paying excessive attention to the clock (in anticipation of stopping work)
ear - attention to what is said; "he tried to get her ear"
eye - attention to what is seen; "he tried to catch her eye"
notice, observance, observation - the act of noticing or paying attention; "he escaped the notice of the police"
notice - polite or favorable attention; "his hard work soon attracted the teacher's notice"
|2.||attending - the act of being present (at a meeting or event etc.)|
group action - action taken by a group of people
appearing, coming into court, appearance - formal attendance (in court or at a hearing) of a party in an action
presence - the act of being present
turnout - attendance for a particular event or purpose (as to vote in an election); "the turnout for the rally"