Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
- About as hard to get as lion shit in Africa —Stephen Longstreet
- Accessible as a candidate looking for another hand to shake —Mike Sommer
- Accessible as a hooker plying her trade —Anon
- As unattainable, as desirable, as beauty —Margaret Sutherland
- (Drinks here) flow like cement —John Mortimer, Public Television series, “Paradise Postponed,” 1986
- Has been handed round like snuff at a wake —Ellen Currie
The descriptive frame of reference is a promiscuous girl.
- Inaccessible as time —Alice McDermott
In her novel, That Night, the author talks about old neighborhoods from which parents have moved away and now say “You can’t go there anymore” as if change made a place inaccessible as time.
- Laying around like pop-corn —Clifford Odets
Odets follows this up with “You think good boys are laying around like pop-corn?”
- Like an apple hanging on a tree, waiting for somebody to come along and pick it —Lee Smith
- Like Meissen china in a glass case, the admiration [for an appealing but inaccessible woman] had to be kept at a distance —Jilly Cooper
- Lived high up [in an apartment complex] … as accessible as a bald Rapunzel —William Mcllvanney
- Unobtainable as a taxi when it rains —Anon
- Untouchable as God —Erich Maria Remarque
|Noun||1.||availability - the quality of being at hand when needed|
convenience - the quality of being useful and convenient; "they offered the convenience of an installment plan"
command - availability for use; "the materials at the command of the potters grew"
print - availability in printed form; "we've got to get that story into print"; "his book is no longer in print"
the high crime rate is due to the easy availability of guns → el alto índice de criminalidad se debe a la fácil disponibilidad de armas or a lo fácil que es conseguir armas
..., subject to availability (goods) → ..., siempre que haya existencias
availability[əˌveɪləˈbɪlɪti] n → disponibilité f
the availability of contraceptives → la disponibilité des contraceptifs
the availability of abortion
BUT l'accès à l'avortement.m