awakened(redirected from awakenedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
v. a·wak·ened, a·wak·en·ing, a·wak·ens
1. To wake up: I awakened at 6:00 am.
2. To become aware of something: He finally awakened to the fact that he was wrong.
1. To cause to wake up: A barking dog awakened me during the night.
2. To cause (someone) to become aware; alert or enlighten: The news awakened her to the truth.
3. To stir up or produce (a memory or feeling, for example): Her new job awakened in her a sense of responsibility. See Usage Note at wake1.
[Middle English awakenen, from Old English āwæcnian : ā-, on, up; see a-2 + wæcnian, to waken; see waken.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||awakened - aroused or activated; "an awakened interest in ballet"|
unawakened - not aroused or activated; "unawakened emotions"
|2.||awakened - (somewhat formal) having been waked up; "the awakened baby began to cry"|
awake - not in a state of sleep; completely conscious; "lay awake thinking about his new job"; "still not fully awake"