Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to backdoor: Backdoor listing
1. Secret or surreptitious; clandestine: a backdoor romance.
2. Devious or underhanded: "Many assail temping as a backdoor way to create a two-tier work force" (Steven Greenhouse).
3. Sports Of or directed toward a player who has slipped behind the opposing defense: a backdoor pass.
1. An unofficial and often improper entrance or channel: Most of the campaign money came through the backdoor. Every admissions process has a backdoor.
2. A means of access to a computer system that allows unauthorized users to circumvent normal authentication procedures.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||backdoor - an undocumented way to get access to a computer system or the data it contains|
|2.||backdoor - an entrance at the rear of a building|
|3.||backdoor - a secret or underhand means of access (to a place or a position); "he got his job through the back door"|
access - the act of approaching or entering; "he gained access to the building"