backdrop(redirected from backdropping)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Something used as a background, especially:
a. A painted cloth hung at the back of a stage set.
b. A taut cloth suspended in a frame and used as a background against which to take a photograph.
c. An image, often painted or digitally created, used in cinematography as the background of a scene.
2. The setting, as of a historical event; the background.
1. (Theatre) another name for backcloth
2. the background to any scene or situation
1. the rear curtain of a stage setting.
2. the background of an event; setting.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||backdrop - scenery hung at back of stage|