Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A sword with only one cutting edge.
2. A one-handed fencing stick; a singlestick.
1. (Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) another name for broadsword
2. (Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) Also called: backswordsman a person who uses the backsword
3. (Fencing) a fencing stick with a basket-like protective hilt
a sword with one edge sharpened.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||backsword - a stick used instead of a sword for fencing|
stick - an implement consisting of a length of wood; "he collected dry sticks for a campfire"; "the kid had a candied apple on a stick"
|2.||backsword - a sword with only one cutting edge|