Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. See baldhead.
2. The wigeon of the Americas.
bald′pat′ed (-pā′tĭd) adj.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person with a bald head
2. (Animals) the American wigeon. See wigeon2
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person with a bald head.
2. the American wigeon, Anas americana, having a gray head and a white crown.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||baldpate - a person whose head is bald|
|2.||baldpate - a widgeon the male of which has a white crown|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.