Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. Acceptable to or at a bank: bankable funds.
2. Guaranteed to bring profit: a bankable movie star.
1. (Banking & Finance) appropriate for receipt by a bank
2. dependable or reliable: a bankable promise.
3. (Film) (esp of a star) likely to ensure the financial success of a film
bank•a•ble(ˈbæŋ kə bəl)
1. acceptable for processing by a bank.
2. considered powerful enough to ensure profitability: to hire bankable stars for a film.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||bankable - guaranteed to bring a profit; "without bankable stars the film script aroused no interest"|
profitable - yielding material gain or profit; "profitable speculation on the stock market"
|2.||bankable - acceptable to or at a bank; "bankable funds"|
acceptable - worthy of acceptance or satisfactory; "acceptable levels of radiation"; "performances varied from acceptable to excellent"