bank bill(redirected from bankers bill)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial.
1. A bill of exchange issued or accepted by a bank.
2. A short-term debt security issued by a central bank.
3. A piece of paper currency; a banknote.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Banking & Finance) Also called: bank draft a bill of exchange drawn by one bank on another
2. (Banking & Finance) Also called: banker's bill US a banknote
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||bank bill - a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank); "he peeled off five one-thousand-zloty notes"|
folding money, paper currency, paper money - currency issued by a government or central bank and consisting of printed paper that can circulate as a substitute for specie
silver certificate - formerly a bank note issued by the United States Treasury and redeemable in silver
two dollar bill - a United States bill worth 2 dollars
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.