bared(redirected from baredly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
adj. bar·er, bar·est
1. Lacking the usual or appropriate covering or clothing; naked: a bare arm.
2. Exposed to view; undisguised: bare fangs.
3. Lacking the usual furnishings, equipment, or decoration: bare walls.
4. Having no addition, adornment, or qualification: the bare facts.
5. Just sufficient; mere: the bare necessities.
6. Obsolete Bareheaded.
tr.v. bared, bar·ing, bares
1. To make bare; uncover or reveal: bared their heads; baring secrets.
2. To expose: The dog bared its teeth.
A past tense of bear1.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.