barker(redirected from barker pig)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. One, such as a dog, that makes a bark or a barking sound.
2. An employee who stands before the entrance to a show, as at a carnival, and solicits customers with a loud sales spiel.
One that removes bark from trees or logs or prepares it for tanning.
1. an animal or person that barks
2. a person who stands at a show, fair booth, etc, and loudly addresses passers-by to attract customers
(Tanning) a person or machine that removes bark from trees or logs or prepares it for tanning
1. (Biography) George (Granville). 1913–91, British poet: author of Calamiterror (1937) and The True Confession of George Barker (1950)
2. (Biography) Howard. born 1946, British playwright: his plays include Claw (1975), The Castle (1985), A Hard Heart (1992), and 13 Objects (2003)
3. (Biography) Ronnie, full name Ronald William George Barker. 1929–2005, British comedian: known esp for his partnership with Ronnie Corbett (born 1930) in the TV series The Two Ronnies (1971–85)
1. a person who stands at the entrance to a show, as in a carnival or fair, calling out its attractions to passersby.
2. an animal or person that barks.
one that removes bark.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||barker - someone who stands in front of a show (as at a carnival) and gives a loud colorful sales talk to potential customers|
|2.||barker - informal terms for dogs|