wake-up(redirected from been a wake-up)
Also found in: Idioms.
1. informal Austral an alert or intelligent person
2. be a wake-up to informal Austral to be fully alert to (a person, thing, action, etc)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. an act or instance of waking up.
2. an act or instance of being awakened.
3. flicker 2.adj.
4. serving to wake one from sleep: I'd like a wake-up call at 6:00 a.m.
5. serving to arouse or excite: a wake-up call on the problems of pollution.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
- I'd like a wake-up call for tomorrow morning at seven o'clock (US)
I'd like an alarm call for tomorrow morning at seven o'clock (UK)
Collins Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009