bethink(redirected from bethinking)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. be·thought (-thôt′), be·think·ing, be·thinks
1. To cause (oneself) to reflect on or consider.
2. To remind (oneself); remember.
To meditate; ponder.
vb, -thinks, -thinking or -thought
1. to cause (oneself) to consider or meditate
2. (often foll by: of) to remind (oneself)
v.t. -thought, -think•ing.
1. to cause (oneself) to consider.
2. to remind (oneself).
3. to recall.
Past participle: bethought
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||bethink - cause oneself to consider something|
|2.||bethink - consider or ponder something carefully; "She bethought her of their predicament"|
meditate, mull, mull over, muse, ponder, chew over, think over, excogitate, reflect, ruminate, speculate, contemplate - reflect deeply on a subject; "I mulled over the events of the afternoon"; "philosophers have speculated on the question of God for thousands of years"; "The scientist must stop to observe and start to excogitate"