Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The relative importance of performers as indicated by the position and type size in which their names are listed on programs, theater marquees, or advertisements: top billing.
2. Advertising; promotion: The product needed better billing to outsell its competition.
3. often billings The total amount of business done in a specific period, as by an advertising agency or a law firm.
1. theatre the relative importance of a performer or act as reflected in the prominence given in programmes, advertisements, etc
2. chiefly US and Canadian public notice or advertising (esp in the phrase advance billing)
1. the listing of the name of a performer, act, or the like, on a marquee, poster, handbill, etc., esp. in regard to prominence: got top billing.
2. advertising; publicity: Advance billing made the show a sellout.
3. the preparing or sending out of bills or invoices.
4. the amount of business done by a firm within a specified period of time.
5. the cost of goods or services billed to a customer.