Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to binaural: binaural hearing
a. Having or relating to two ears.
b. Having to do with the perception of sound with both ears: binaural hearing.
2. Of or relating to sound transmission from two sources, which may vary acoustically, as in tone or pitch, to give a stereophonic effect.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Anatomy) relating to, having, or hearing with both ears
2. employing two separate channels for recording or transmitting sound; so creating an impression of depth: a binaural recording.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
bin•au•ral(baɪˈnɔr əl, bɪnˈɔr əl)
1. having two ears.
2. of, with, or for both ears.
3. (of sound) recorded through two separate microphones and transmitted through two separate channels to produce a stereophonic effect.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.