Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. bin·gos
1. A game of chance in which each player has one or more cards printed with differently numbered squares on which to place markers when the respective numbers are drawn and announced by a caller. The first player to mark a complete row or other pattern of numbers is the winner.
2. A win in the game of bingo.
1. Used to announce that one has won a game of bingo.
2. Used to express the sudden completion of an event, occurrence of an idea, or confirmation of a guess.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -gos
1. (Gambling, except Cards) a gambling game, usually played with several people, in which numbers selected at random are called out and the players cover the numbers on their individual cards. The first to cover a given arrangement of numbers is the winner. Compare lotto
2. (Games, other than specified) (in Scrabble) the playing of all seven of a player's tiles in a single turn
3. (Gambling, except Cards) a cry by the winner of a game of bingo
4. an expression of surprise at a sudden occurrence or the successful completion of something: and bingo! the lights went out.
vb, -gos, -going or -goed
(Games, other than specified) (intr) (in Scrabble) to play all seven of one's tiles in a single turn
[C19: perhaps from bing, imitative of a bell ringing to mark the win]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n. (sometimes cap.)
1. a game of chance in which each player has a card bearing rows of numbers in unique sequence and a set of numbered markers, a caller announces numbers drawn at random, and a game is won when a player can match and cover five numbers in a row.interj.
2. (used to call a win in bingo.)
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||bingo - a game in which numbered balls are drawn at random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards|
board game - a game played on a specially designed board
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
لَعْبَةُ البنجولُعْبَة البنغو
trò chơi bingo
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
(= game) → bingo m
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
n → Bingo nt
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
bingo[ˈbɪŋgəʊ] n → tombola (giocata in stabilimenti pubblici)
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
a gambling game using cards with numbered squares. bingo لُعْبَة البنغو хазартна игра, подобна на лото, бинго bingo bingo das Bingo bingo μπίγκο bingo bingo بازی لوتو؛ بینگو bingo bingo בִּינגוֹ ताश का एक खेल tombola tombola bingo bingó bingo ビンゴゲーム 빙고 loto bingo bingo lottobingo lotto د بينګو لوبه bingo bingo бинго bingo tombola tombola bingo เกมบิงโก tombala 賓果 бінго جوئے کا ایک کھیل bài bingo 宾果游戏
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary © 2006-2013 K Dictionaries Ltd.
bingo→ لَعْبَةُ البنجو bingo bingo Bingo μπίνγκο bingo bingo loto tombola bingo ビンゴ 빙고 bingo bingo bingo bingo бинго bingospel เกมบิงโก tombala trò chơi bingo “并戈”赌博游戏
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009