binaural(redirected from binotic)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
a. Having or relating to two ears.
b. Having to do with the perception of sound with both ears: binaural hearing.
2. Of or relating to sound transmission from two sources, which may vary acoustically, as in tone or pitch, to give a stereophonic effect.
1. (Anatomy) relating to, having, or hearing with both ears
2. employing two separate channels for recording or transmitting sound; so creating an impression of depth: a binaural recording.
bin•au•ral(baɪˈnɔr əl, bɪnˈɔr əl)
1. having two ears.
2. of, with, or for both ears.
3. (of sound) recorded through two separate microphones and transmitted through two separate channels to produce a stereophonic effect.