Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A cage for birds.
2. Slang The controlled air traffic space near an airport.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a wire or wicker cage in which captive birds are kept
2. any object of a similar shape, construction, or purpose
3. Austral and NZ an area on a racecourse where horses parade before a race
4. informal NZ a second-hand car dealer's yard
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a cage for confining birds.
2. Slang. the airspace over an airport, together with the airplanes in it.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
birdcagebird cage [ˈbɜːrdkeɪdʒ] n → cage f à oiseauxbird feeder n → mangeoire fbird food n → nourriture f pour oiseaux
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005