bisexual(redirected from bisexuals)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to both sexes.
a. Having both male and female reproductive organs; hermaphroditic.
b. Botany Denoting a single flower that contains functional staminate and pistillate structures; perfect.
3. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of either sex.
1. A bisexual organism; a hermaphrodite.
2. A bisexual person.
bi′sex·u·al′i·ty (-ăl′ĭ-tē) n.
1. sexually attracted by both men and women
2. showing characteristics of both sexes: a bisexual personality.
3. (Biology) (of some plants and animals) having both male and female reproductive organs
4. of or relating to both sexes
5. (Biology) a bisexual organism; a hermaphrodite
6. a bisexual person
bisexuality, biˈsexualism n
bi•sex•u•al(baɪˈsɛk ʃu əl)
1. of both sexes.
2. combining male and female organs in one individual.
3. sexually responsive to both sexes.n.
4. an animal or plant that has the reproductive organs of both sexes.
5. a person sexually responsive to both sexes.
bi`sex•u•al′i•ty, bi•sex′u•al•ism, n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||bisexual - a person who is sexually attracted to both sexes|
sensualist - a person who enjoys sensuality
androgyne, epicene, epicene person, gynandromorph, hermaphrodite, intersex - one having both male and female sexual characteristics and organs; at birth an unambiguous assignment of male or female cannot be made
pseudohermaphrodite - someone having external genitalia of one sex and internal sex organs of the other sex; not a true hermaphrodite because there is no ambiguity in the sex of the external genitalia and hence no question about gender at birth
switch-hitter - slang term for a bisexual person
|Adj.||1.||bisexual - sexually attracted to both sexes |
heterosexual - sexually attracted to members of the opposite sex
homosexual - sexually attracted to members of your own sex
|2.||bisexual - having an ambiguous sexual identity|
androgynous - having both male and female characteristics
a. bisexual, con gónadas de los dos sexos.