biweekly(redirected from biweeklies)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial.
Related to biweeklies: Biweekly Mortgage
1. Happening every two weeks.
2. Happening twice a week; semiweekly.
n. pl. bi·week·lies
A publication issued every two weeks.
1. Every two weeks.
2. Twice a week; semiweekly. See Usage Note at bi-1.
1. every two weeks
2. (often avoided because of confusion with sense 1) twice a week; semiweekly. See bi-1
n, pl -lies
(Journalism & Publishing) a periodical published every two weeks
adj., n., pl. -lies,
1. occurring every two weeks.
2. occurring twice a week; semiweekly.n.
3. a periodical issued every other week.adv.
4. every two weeks.
5. twice a week.
usage: See bi- 1.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||biweekly - a periodical that is published twice a week or every two weeks (either 104 or 26 issues per year)|
|Adj.||1.||biweekly - occurring every two weeks|
|2.||biweekly - occurring twice a week|
|Adv.||1.||biweekly - twice a week; "he called home semiweekly"|
|2.||biweekly - every two weeks; "he visited his cousins fortnightly"|
(= twice a week) biweekly meetings/editions → Konferenzen/Ausgaben, die zweimal wöchentlich or in der Woche stattfinden/erscheinen