black tie(redirected from black ties)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A black bow tie worn with a tuxedo.
2. Semiformal evening wear, usually requiring a tuxedo for men and an evening gown or cocktail dress for women.
1. (Clothing & Fashion) a black bow tie worn with a dinner jacket
2. (modifier) denoting an occasion when a dinner jacket should be worn
1. a black bow tie, worn with semiformal evening dress.
2. semiformal evening dress for men.
requiring that male guests wear semiformal evening dress: a black-tie reception.
A black bow tie worn with a dinner jacket by men on formal occasions.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||black tie - semiformal evening dress for men|
|2.||black tie - a black bow tie worn with a dinner jacket|