Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. An eastern North American tree (Juglans nigra) having dark brown wood and a deeply furrowed nut enclosed in a globose aromatic husk.
2. The wood of this tree, used especially for veneer, cabinets, furniture, and gunstocks.
3. The nut of this tree, having an edible kernel.
1. (Plants) a North American walnut tree, Juglans nigra, with hard dark wood and edible oily nuts
2. (Plants) the valuable wood of this tree, used for cabinet work
3. (Plants) the nut of this tree
1. a large North American walnut tree, Juglans nigra.
2. the nut or wood of this tree.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||black walnut - North American walnut tree with hard dark wood and edible nut|
black walnut - American walnut having a very hard and thick woody shell
|2.||black walnut - American walnut having a very hard and thick woody shell|
walnut - nut of any of various walnut trees having a wrinkled two-lobed seed with a hard shell