Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Related to blah: bored
1. often blah blah or blah blah blah Meaningless or uninteresting remarks.
2. blahs A general feeling of discomfort, dissatisfaction, or depression: "Monday morning Oscar woke up with the blahs" (New Yorker).
1. Dull and uninteresting.
2. Low in spirit or health; down: sat around all day feeling blah.
[Imitative of meaningless talk.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
worthless or silly talk; claptrap
(intr) to talk nonsense or boringly
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. meaningless chatter; nonsense.
2. the blahs, a feeling of physical uneasiness, general discomfort, or mild depression; malaise.adj.
3. dull; uninteresting.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: blahed
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||blah - pompous or pretentious talk or writing|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ (US) → poco apetitoso
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
interj blah, blah, blah → blabla (inf)
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007