bleary(redirected from blearier)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
adj. blear·i·er, blear·i·est
1. Watery, filmy, or unable to see clearly: bleary eyes.
2. Tired, disoriented, or bleary-eyed: He shuffled around the kitchen, bleary with sleep.
3. Vaguely outlined; indistinct: "The Palisades are wan and bleary with heat" (Clement Greenberg).
adj, blearier or bleariest
1. Also : bleared (of eyes or vision) dimmed or blurred, as by tears or tiredness
2. indistinct or unclear
3. exhausted; tired
adj. blear•i•er, blear•i•est.
1. (of the eyes or sight) blurred or dimmed, as from sleep or weariness.
2. indistinct; unclear: a bleary view of the horizon.
3. fatigued; worn-out.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||bleary - tired to the point of exhaustion |
tired - depleted of strength or energy; "tired mothers with crying babies"; "too tired to eat"
|2.||bleary - indistinct or hazy in outline; "a landscape of blurred outlines"; "the trees were just blurry shapes"|
indistinct - not clearly defined or easy to perceive or understand; "indistinct shapes in the gloom"; "an indistinct memory"; "only indistinct notions of what to do"
1. Extremely tired:
dead, drained, exhausted, fatigued, rundown, spent, tired out, wearied, weariful, weary, worn-down, worn-out.
Idioms: all in, ready to drop.