blest(redirected from blestly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
A past tense and a past participle of bless.
Variant of blessed.
v.t. blessed blest, bless•ing.
1. to consecrate or sanctify by a religious rite; make or pronounce holy.
2. to request God's divine favor upon or for: Bless this house.
3. to bestow some benefit upon; endow: Nature blessed me with strong teeth.
4. to extol as holy; glorify: Bless the name of the Lord.
5. to protect or guard from evil (usu. used interjectionally): Bless you!
6. to make the sign of the cross over or upon.
[before 950; Middle English; Old English blētsian, blēdsian to consecrate]