blooded(redirected from bloodedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Having blood or a temperament of a specified kind. Used only in combination: a cold-blooded reptile; a hot-blooded person.
2. Thoroughbred: blooded breeding stock.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Zoology) (of horses, cattle, etc) of good breeding
2. (in combination) having blood or temperament as specified: hot-blooded, cold-blooded, warm-blooded, red-blooded, blue-blooded.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. having blood of a specified kind (used in combination): warm-blooded animals.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||blooded - of unmixed ancestry; "full-blooded Native American"; "blooded Jersies"|
purebred - bred for many generations from member of a recognized breed or strain
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.